Friday, October 22, 2010

FarewellNZ

Last day in NZ.  Stayed with Gayl and David last night - they have beedn wonderful and generous hosts.
Tania and I drive around... well Tania had the car and drove.... from Dunedin, Alexandra, Wanaka, Franz Joseph, Hokitika, Greymouth.  Tania then drove north and I caught the train to Arthurs Pass, stayed the night in the YHA there, did some walks that afternoon and next morning and caught the train back to Christchurch.   Beautiful alpine views.  I love Arthurs Pass Village - clear mountain  air, beautiful views and mountains, waterfalls and lots of multi day  and day walks to tackle on the next visit!

I took a helocopter ride over Fox and Franz Joseph glacier and landed on the top... tried some recruiting as the photo will show.  I don't think the recruit will make it through  our summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment